Canadian Sphynx Nutrition
The Canadian Sphinx needs a lot of energy, and therefore more food than most cats. The appetite of these cats is excellent – they are ready to eat almost everything and in unlimited quantities, completely capricious and not picky. The Canadian Sphinxes eat fast, grabbing pieces of food and swallowing it, almost without chewing. On the one hand it’s good. Feeding the Canadian Sphinx is not at all difficult. But let’s recall the structure of the cat (GIT) and recommend that we try not to overfeed the children. And then the regurgitation of food in heaps, as well as an upset stomach are guaranteed. And now, its restoration is a complex and often lengthy process.
The choice of diet is yours.
The following nine rules for feeding cats must be observed:
1. Fresh drinking water should always be freely available to the animal. Therefore, change it at least 1 time per day. In doing so, using only ceramic or glass bowls with a bottom area of the same as the surface and a volume of approximately 200 ml.
2. Water and feed bowls should be separate. It will be more convenient for you to change their contents without spilling or scattering anything, and the cat will satisfy its need for free movement from food to watering.
3. New food in the cat’s diet should be added gradually, over the course of a week. Then her gastrointestinal tract will have time to properly rebuild to absorb nutrients in a new proportion.
4. Follow the feeding schedule. For your cat’s health, it’s better to get the same food every day at the same time. To prevent the animal from experiencing stress, provide a permanent feeding place for it. Usually in cats it is associated with a zone of safety and comfort.
5. Keep track of the amount of feed your cat eats. She can not only overeat, but also undernourish, and this is usually a sign of a developing disease. In this case, you should contact your veterinarian.
How to understand how much a cat should eat? On any feed package you will find a table with which it is easy to identify.
6. Give your cat a balanced diet that contains all the necessary nutrients in the right proportions, depending on:
7. Food should not be in the bowl for longer than a day. Otherwise, it winds, dust gets on it, and the fat on its surface manages to partially oxidize. Most often, cats refuse to eat croquettes at the bottom of the bowl for this very reason. It is better to feed the food in small portions several times a day than the entire daily norm at once.
8. Do not feed your cat a variety of goodies and other additives without the advice of a veterinarian.
Firstly, it can disrupt the gastrointestinal tract.
Secondly, cats are difficult to motivate only food. Therefore, if you want to take care of your pet, play longer with it or stroke it. Zoopsychologists argue that cats value communication much more than treats.
9. Watch how the feed affects the cat’s body.
This is easy to do by observing:
You can feed the Canadian Sphynxes with prepared foods (dry and canned), natural and mixed.